PAS brings you a new recovery drink in addition to MGF-1 in three amazing flavours, 100% whey is a brand new protein shake that delivers amino acids that are essential for stimulating muscle growth.
100% Whey is a Fast absorbing high protein shake with 5.2g leucine per serving (52g) in 100% whey it can help increase muscle protein synthesis through the MTOR pathway. Norton et al (2006) Leucine Regulates Translation Initiation of Protein Synthesis in Skeletal Muscle after Exercise
100% whey can be used as shake which contains 40g of protein per serving (2 scoops) for the larger athlete or 20g protein per serving (1 scoop) for the smaller athlete this makes it easy to fit in with daily protein intake, It can be used as a recovery shake after gym sessions or between meals to hit daily protein requirements
Good quality concentrates contain higher levels of the growth factors, IGF-1, TGF-1, and TGF-2. They also contain much higher levels of phospholipids, and various bioactive lipids, and they often contain higher levels of immunoglobulins and lactoferrin.
Lactoferrin, is the critical immune system booster found in breast milk, and studies show that these substances can improve immunity and intestinal health along with many other benefits that both the athlete and non athlete will find beneficial. Because Whey isolate goes through cross flow micro-filtration, it ends up being lower in fat and carbohydrates but it does lose the bioactive compounds
To achieve your best, you want the best protein. PAS 100% Whey Protein is a high-protein, low-fat, and low-carbohydrate protein, which can be used post-training to support muscle repair, recovery, and growth, or throughout the day to meet protein needs. Whey protein has a complete profile of amino acids and the highest levels of leucine in a single protein source.
We only use Volactive whey protein, which is informed-sport approved and then register the final product as PAS 100% whey and test every batch prior to release.
At PAS we have chosen to use Volactive® UltraWhey as a natural source of whey proteins that are non-denatured and complete with all protein fractions intact.
The Whey Forward
- Protein quality is important to the gain and maintenance of muscle mass.Whey protein is one of the highest-quality proteins due to its amino acid content, (high essential, branched-chain, and leucine amino acid content), and rapid digestibility (Devries and Phillips, 2015). Supplemental Protein in Support of Muscle Mass and Health: Advantage Whey.
- Whey protein has been found to stimulate muscle protein synthesis to a greater degree than other proteins such as casein and soy (Devries and Phillips, 2015). Supplemental Protein in Support of Muscle Mass and Health: Advantage Whey.
- Rapidly digested proteins that contain high proportions of essential amino acids (EAAs) and adequate leucine, are most effective in stimulating muscle protein synthesis (Jäger et al, 2017). International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: protein and exercise.
- When compared to soy, casein, and casein hydrolysate proteins, whey protein has been shown to be digested more rapidly (S. Phillips, 2014). Sports Medicine
- MPS after consumption of whey was approximately 93% greater than casein (P < 0.01) and approximately 18% greater than soy (P = 0.067). A similar result was observed after exercise (whey > soy > casein); MPS following whey consumption was approximately 122% greater than casein (P < 0.01) and 31% greater than soy (Tang et al., 2009). Ingestion of whey hydrolysate, casein, or soy protein isolate: effects on mixed muscle protein synthesis at rest and following resistance exercise in young men.
- Supplementation of leucine and whey protein immediately after heavy resistance exercise increases anabolic signalling in human skeletal muscle (Lane et al., 2017) Endocrine responses and acute mTOR pathway phosphorylation to resistance exercise with leucine and whey
- Supplementation is a practical way of ensuring intake of adequate protein quality and quantity, while minimizing caloric intake, particularly for athletes who typically complete high volumes of training (Jäger et al, 2017). International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: protein and exercise.
- There is novel evidence that suggests higher protein intakes (>3.0 g/kg/d) may have positive effects on body composition in resistance-trained individuals (i.e., promote loss of fat mass).
Each tub of 100% whey contains 40 servings of 40g protein (2 heaped scoops)